The center was started in the year 1986-87 under Nowrosjee Wadia College, Pune. It was started as Competitive Examination Guidance centre in 1986 and from 2006-07 onward it was named as M. E. Society’s Centre for Talent Search and Excellence. CTSE started with the objective of unearthing and identifying hidden talent in the rural and urban students in the schools of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa and Gujarat by conducting written examinations and interviews for students of class VIII, IX and X. Over the past 20 years, CTSE has achived notable proficiency in conducting competitive examinations, preparing students, training teachers and obtaining excellent results. This has indeed helped the school students to develop confidence in their abilities. Every year, the successful students are awarded scholarships and their potential is not only duly recognized but is also suitably channelised and encouraged. As a result, the students from Maharashtra have gained a healthy lead in the results of the National Talent Search Examination (NTS) by a very large margin, amongst all the other participating states for the last many years.
Important Activities :
1. MTS Examination
2. GEE Examination
3. YASHADA Examination
Aims and Objectives of CTSE
- To identify the talent at early stage and nurture and nourish the talent to achieve excellence
- To prepare the students for appearing various national and international entrance / competitive examinations.
- To provide academic guidance and support for the students from the socially and economically backward students for their academic development.
- To enhance the qualities of teachers in terms of content, teaching methodology and evaluation procedures.
- To inspire and encourage the talented students by awarding scholarships, prizes and certificates.
- The Graduate Excellence Examination was conducted on 2nd February, 2014 at 11 centers across Maharashtra for the students doing graduation / post-graduation.
- The examination was held at three levels viz. F.Y., S.Y. and T.Y. G.E.E. and there were two streams for each level namely Administrative Services and Management Services.
- 619 Students from 42 colleges across Maharashtra participated in the examination.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interviews of Top 50 students of SY and TY level were conducted at Pune and Aurangabad.
- The result was declared on 15th March, 2014.
- 21 State level prizes, 34 Special prizes and 58 Consolation prizes were awarded to the students in a Prize Distribution ceremony held at Nowrosjee Wadia College.
- CTSE conducted the entrance examination for the selection of candidates from different categories for the UPSC Preliminary Examination Coaching program which is conducted by Dr. Ambedkar Competitive Examination Centre (ACEC), YASHADA for the fifth consecutive year.
- The entrance examination was successfully conducted at 33 centres across Maharashtra on 15th December, 2013 and 5099 candidates from all over Maharashtra appeared for the Examination.
- It is a unique voluntary organization working for improving the quality of education.
- It is a largest talent search project in the country which is organized by M. E. Society with the assistance of very large number of school teachers, college teachers, Principals and University teachers.
- It is the only organization which was invited by many universities in USA for the presentation of the talent search work done by CTSE.
- It is a self-sufficient system without any sponsorship by any individual or Govt, organization
Maharashtra Talent Search Examination
For MTS more than one lakh students are appearing for last three consecutive years and about 65 to 70 percent students are from rural area. The rest are from the urban part.
The prestigious Maharashtra Talent Search Examination was successfully conducted on 28th April, 2014 by CTSE for the students studying in Std. VIIIth, IXth and Xth. This was the 22nd year of conducting the examination.
The number of students appearing for this Examination crossed 1 lakh. 1,05,589 students of 3526 schools from Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka appeared for the MTS Examination at 688 centres across Maharashtra. Student Training programs were organized at many places in Maharashtra for the preparation of Competitive examinations. Teacher Training Programs and Head Masters Meetings were also organised in several places in Maharashtra.
On June 15th 2013, the prizes for the previous year were given. Rs. 22.5 Lakh were awarded as prizes to 9961 students.
Graduate Excellence Examination
GEE is a unique activity of Nowrosjee Wadia College aimed at preparing students in all aspects of the Civil Services Examinations. There are three different examinations for students of First year, second year and third year. There are two parts to this examination – one is the written examination and the other is a Personal Interview/ Group Discussion. Teachers of our college are involved in guiding, conducting the examination and assessment as well as evaluation.
Entrance Examination for ACEC, YASHADA
Teacher Training Programs
Every year CTSE conducts training programmes for secondary school teachers and college teachers for improving their performance in guiding their students for various national and international entrance examinations. In last 10 to 12 years more than 35000 secondary school teachers and more than 1000 college teachers from Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Gujrat have attended these training programs.
Special features of CTSE