Gents’ and Ladies’ Hostel:
Modern Education Society, Pune has a Gents and a Ladies Hostel on the Wadia College Campus Pune. The Hostels are a common facility for students of all 5 Institutions on campus.
Ladies hostel old:
Desiring and deserving students admitted in any of the colleges on the Pune Campus are provided with Hostel facility, especially students studying in a professional program in Undergraduate (UG) or Postgraduate (PG) . Identical facilities are provided to both Ladies and Gents Hostels.
The Hostel building has ground plus seven floors. Ground floor is provided for parking facility to the staff and students on campus, a toilet for security and service staff, an electrical power room and a Security staff Cabin.
- The rooms from the first to seventh floors are designed for accommodation, with attached toilet and bath.
- The first floor has fourteen rooms of which one room is provided for the Warden/ assisting staff and one room is provided as a sick room while twelve rooms are for accommodation.
- All floors from the second to the seventh floors are identical , with sixteen rooms for accommodation. Two rooms are reserved on the second floor for guest accommodation.
- Dormitory accommodation is provided in the facility building on separate floors for boys and girls.
|2||1st & 2nd||12 + 12||3 Seats each||72|
|3||3rd to 7th||16 * 5||3 Seats each||240|
|4||Facility building Dorms||4 rooms||Six each||24|
The Hostel capacity for each hostel is 312 students and 24 students in dorms i.e. a total of 336.
The hostels are provided with Mess facility. Boys and Girls will have separate Mess and dining area provided in the facility building. For safety and security, students are not permitted to prepare or cook food in any of the rooms. Students studying in a professional program who are busy in lectures and practicals, are provided with in-house mess services. Mess Service is provided to all students from Monday to Saturday and is inclusive of Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Facilities in each room:
Each room is provided with an attached toilet and bath. The room is provided with a fan, two tube lights & a night footlight.Each student has a study table, a chair, a wardrobe, and a socket point for charging mobile/ Laptop. A bunk bed is provided with a mattress and a soft pillow.
Hostel accommodation is mainly for UG and PG program students admitted from outside Pune for that academic year .
M E Society and its staff always strive to provide better facilities and improve the standards thereof. The hostel is intended to be a second home for students.
- Lift Facility :- Hostel building is provided with two lifts, one is used as a back-up. For safety and security of students, lift is provided with lift operator from 7am to 7 pm. Lift is with generator backup.
- Surveillance :- All corridors and passages of the building are under surveillance of security camera.
- Security :- Security personnel secure the building round the clock and monitor the camera system. Entry and exit to the hostel is closed from 10pm to 6 am.
- Hot bath- water :- A common hot bath water facility is available in all seasons.
- Medical facility :- Free O.P.D. facility is available. Qualified Gents and Ladies doctors attend O.P.D. three hours every day. Free medicines are given to all students and staff. If required, students are provided with paid IPD facility at nearby hospitals.
- Sick Room :- Any student who is sick and has an infectious disease is shifted to sick room and accommodation is given to the attending parents on doctor’s advice.
- Guest Room:- If required and if available, a student’s parents can get one day accommodation in guest room of hostel on paid basis.
- Accommodation during Examination:- Students appearing for examination but not staying at hostel who require accommodation during examination may get accommodation, if available, for one or two days only on the days of their examination, on paid basis.