Nowrosjee Wadia College boasts of having two separate forums namely Mahatma Phule Adhyasana & Samata Mandal. Various activities and guest lectures of eminent personalities are organized under the auspices of these forums to cherish, nurture and uphold the values like unity, equality, justice, brotherhood, secular outlook and spirit of nationalism enshrined in the constitution of our country.
Through these forums, the students are exposed to these noble values and the thoughts and works of great men so that they in turn are prepared as enlightened and responsible citizens to contribute towards building a society in which there is no Injustice, Inequality, Exploitation, Hatred and Discrimination. Phule Adhyasana and Samata Mandal also organizes functions to pay tribute to social reformers, and freedom fighters on their birth and death anniversaries.
Prof. Jayant Salve is the coordinator and Prof Neeraj Bhagat is assistant coordinator of the Mahatma Phule Adhyasana.
Dr. Vasant Borkar is the coordinator of Samata Mandal. Padmashri Laxman Mane, Veteran actor Dr. Shreeram Lagoo, Late Neelubhau Phule, freedom fighter late Malinitai Tulpule, ACP Satish Khandare, IG, Crime Mr.Suresh Khopade, IG kolhapur range, Mr. Ashok Dhivre, Dr. Raosaheb Kasbe, Prof. Hari Narake, Editor of Loksatta Mr. mukund Sangoram, veteran socialist Bhai Vaidya, Dr. Razia Patel, Mr.Suresh Tilekar, Mr.Panjabrao Wankhedefrom the department of social welfare, Dr.Pralhad Luktuke, literary figures like Prof. Yashwant Manohar , Motiram Katare, Mr.Datta Bhagat, Ramnath Chavan, Kumar Anil etc. visited the college and guided the students and teachers.
Participation and Important Activities Organized:
[su_list icon=”icon: angle-double-right” icon_color=”#4867af” class=”fa-1x”]
- Under the auspices of the Mahatma Phule Adhyasan and Samata Mandal, the teaching, non teaching staff and students paid tribute to Mahatma Phule, Savitribai Phule, Annabhau Sathe, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Shahu Maharaj, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru in various functions organised throughout the year.
- Mr. Pratik Thube, selected for the IAS and Ms. Mohini Dongre selected for IPS were invited for giving Inspirational Talk and guidance to the students aspiring for Public Service Examinations.
- As a part of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar and Mahatma Phule Samyukta Jayanti Mahotsav, the following programmes were organised :
1) 14 hour non stop study.
2) Intercollegiate Essay Writing Competition.
3) A Speech on Social Harmony was delivered by Prof. Pratima Pardeshi.