National Cadet Corps aims at developing character and comradeship, as well as keenness for service and capacity for leadership in the youth. It provides military training to the youth and builds a ready reserve, which the Armed Forces could easily make use of in times of national emergency. There are a number of incentives that motivates students to become cadets. Besides being an additional merit while seeking to join the forces or taking up other jobs, NCC also motivates cadets to perform to their best by offering scholarships, cash awards, prizes, medals, trophies etc.
Apart from service and institutional training, the cadets also participate in other activities like Community Development, Youth Exchange Program, Adventure Sports Training. Taking part in NCC Day, Republic day Camp etc. not only gives the students an opportunity to visit different cities/states of India but also interact with cadets from different parts of the country.
Students of the Nowrosjee Wadia College are encouraged to actively participate in N.C.C and contribute their best to the society and nation. The National Cadet Corps conducts activities such as Annual Training Camps, Rifle Shooting Practice / Competitions, First-Aid Training, Rope-climbing etc. In the past years, a good number of students have won accolades in these activities. In addition to this, cadets participate in social service activities like blood donation, adult education, tree plantation, AIDS Awareness, pulse polio program, clearing camps, etc
Lt. P. N. Shinde, 3 MAH NAVAL UNIT Pune
Lt. V. S. Jadhav, 2 MAH BN NCC Pune
Objectives of NCC wing at Nowrosjee Wadia College are:
- To develop qualities of character, discipline, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizens.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life including the Armed Forces and always make them available for the service of the nation.
- To create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Cadet Participation in Social drives:
- Our cadets participated in Blood donation at CATC
- Our Navy cadets Assisted the city Police during Ganesh Festival
- 14 Cadets from Army participated in an Anti-Drug rally from Chaturshringi to NCC Gp. HQs.
- Many Cadets participated in tree plantation drive at NCC Gp. HQs.
Recent Achievements and Awards:
- Chief Minister’s Scholarship was awarded to Sr. C. C. Shifa Siddhique (Navy).
- Awards Won by cadets at various levels : University Level: 2, State Level: 4, National Level: 2
- Cadet Participation in NCC events : University Level: 39, State Level: 6, National Level: 8